International Day 2018Taking Portugal Abroad
10 | Wednesday | World Cafe | Taguspark Campus
11 | Thursday | International Day Exhibition | Alameda Campus
International experience, intercultural skills and the ability to work in innovative environments have become fundamental to increase the competitiveness of IST’s future Engineers and Architects. In this context, IST will organise the 10th edition of the International Day. This popular event has several Higher Education Institutions confirmed, from many different countries. This notable exposure will be crucial to broaden the horizons and intensify international student mobility perspectives in the near future.
The IST International Day has five main goals:
- Disseminate mobility opportunities for students: international academic mobility programmes, Double Degrees, joint Masters and Doctoral programmes, internships, etc.;
- Provide a forum for faculty, researchers and students to directly contact some of IST’s international partners;
- Promote IST’s culture of internationalization;
- Create a unique environment of best practices and cooperation between national and international partners, professionals, teachers, technicians, administrative staff and students and will enable deep reflection about what we can all do individually to boost internationalization at IST;
- Create a community environment that will stimulate the exchange of ideas between the international partners and the IST community within a unique space with a large set of activities, contests and prizes.
10:00 – Exhibition Opening
17:30 – Cocktail (Networking)
18:00 – Closing
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm
- Aalto University
- Óbuda University
- Ecole Centrale de Marseille
- Kaunas University of Technology
- Beihang University
- University of Ljubljana
- Warsaw University of Technology
- UCD, Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business
- EIT InnoEnergy
- Management Center Innsbruck
- TUMunich School of Management
- Fulbright Portugal
- CMU-Carnegie Mellon Portugal Program
- KIT- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Staff Mobility | Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility
- CTU – Czech Technical University in Prague
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- Polytechnic University of Timisoara
- Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences
- IAESTE International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience
- ESN Erasmus Student Network
- BEST- Board of European Students of Technology
- Area de Assuntos Internacionais | International Affairs
- NAPE – Núcleo de Apoio ao Estudante | Student Support Services
- Banco Santander
- British Council
- Wednesday 10th of October, we will host the World Café Exhibition in Taguspark Campus in Oeiras. There will about 30 booths (coffee tables, and chairs) with national and international institutions to be visited by students and staff from Tecnico Lisboa. There will be Tables identifying your institutions. The World Café will take place from 12h00 to 15h00. In parallel, there will be a session about the International Classroom. Following this event, the regular sessions will continue.
- Thursday, 11th of October, we will host the IDAY International Partner Exhibition 2018 in the main campus Alameda. This is an all-day fair similar in format to the World Café, with many international partners, and for which you are all invited. There will be about 30 booths with national and international institutions. The IDAY will take place from 10h00 to 17h30. In parallel, there will be a debate about international student integration and other workshops.
IST is located in the city of Lisbon, one of the oldest and most beautiful capitals. Lisbon is a soulful, fashionable, charismatic city with a great climate and a lot of sunshine. It’s a place where you can wander around day or night and still feel safe.
However, Lisbon is also a dynamic city, rich in start-ups and spin-offs, international awards, top-level research and with many highly-cited papers and scientific publications. Not only because of its history, but also because of its innovation and state-of-the-art technology, the climate and cosmopolitan atmosphere and diverse indoor and outdoor activities, Lisbon is one of the most attractive cities in Europe, offering mobility students, locals and visitors an unforgettable and unique experience.